I had no intention of skipping out on a year's plus worth of blogging but these things happen.
It's been a full year. Highlights:
- Chris finished his classes and then student taught 7th grade Math from October to February.
- We celebrated the one year anniversary of Annie's adoption finalization in November.
- I got selected for a collateral three-year position at work and already have almost a full year of experience in the books.
- I took my first train trip and to my favorite city - Chicago! Six of us girls met up in December to celebrate Amy's fabulous 40th! Wonderful weekend and enjoyed meeting new friends.
- Christmas and New Year's were low key - just our little family celebrating together.
- Dear friends Amy, Bill & Liam came out to help us celebrate Easter and Chris' 40th birthday. While they were here, Chris got his first interview for a math teaching position. We found out a few days later that he got the job. Whew!
- We celebrated Annie's 2nd birthday with a trip to Denver, CO to see my sisters and mom. My oldest sister and Annie share a birthday (with a 40 year age difference) and we thought it'd be fun for them to celebrate together. We relaxed and hung out with family, enjoyed a few localish attractions, did a little bit of hiking, and had a great time. Annie did pretty well on the 10+ hour car ride each way.
- In June we loaded up and headed to Michigan for a 2+ week vacation. We spent a lovely week in Cadillac with our family of choice - Bill, Amy & Liam, Aaron, Grandma Marion, Lilly, Corby, and Bri, Jim, LeeAnn, Niamh, Maeve, Anne, and Aidan. My amazing HP friend Sarah came up for a couple of days with her three year old (!) miracles Levi and Libby.
- The rest of our time in MI was spent with Chris' family - moving his brother and SIL, taking walks, celebrating 4th of July, and just enjoying family time.
- Chris started his first year of teaching in August and loves it.
- I'm wrapping up another fiscal year at work and will be, for the first time in almost ten years, assuming supervision of three employees in the new fiscal year.
And now you should feel as if you never missed a moment, dear reader.